STARBELLYS UNITED

home of David and Ange's splurbs on Natural/conscious living that affects all aspects of our lives, and other happenings....

Monday, August 29

Competing Paradigms from "mamas domain"

Jesus came and despite not having ever committed a sin took responsibility for the sin in the world. Through His atoning sacrifice He extends grace to mankind, justifying us by nailing our sin nature to the cross with him. As He cleanses our personhood our behavior changes--the product of producing real fruit in our lives.

--A modest person chooses modest clothing--your personhood motivates your behavior. This is why I can choose to assign a positive intent--I believe that when someone *does* know better, they will *do* better. The Greek thought is that when someone is *taught* better they will do better; the Hebraic thinking is that when someone *understands* better they will *choose* better. Having heard right, having seen right, having been taught right--this is not enough. A child must understand and embrace right and then he will do right. For this there is time.

If grace has been shown to me, if I understand that I'm justified ONLY by what Jesus did on the cross and does for me, then I can let go of thinking I have any power to save my child. I can let go of fearing what others will think if I don't look perfect. I can release myself from the pressure to work so hard to *do* right in an effort to prove that my personhood is good. God is my judge; Jesus is my defender; and the accuser and adversary, Satan, has been defeated! THAT is the Gospel--the GOOD NEWS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home