STARBELLYS UNITED

home of David and Ange's splurbs on Natural/conscious living that affects all aspects of our lives, and other happenings....

Tuesday, November 18

I'm on a Quest to find out the what God wants of me as a female. So I have been doing a lot of research into it, also in the way we have been created by God (yes with all the girly emotions and nuturing instincts) and what the bible says too. This has lead me to some interesting sites, articles and books, scripture passages and has turned me full circle (from hating that I was so soft and had to wear skirts and learn to knit (not that these are bad things) and to have to look after those children who are suppose to be blessings, but all around me I seemed to view them as nuisance's). Some parts of the whole being a woman/wife/mother scared me (not that I'm a mother yet) but after a lot of studying/thinking /searching I feel a whole lot better about my role, also thanks to Gentle Christian mothers online, I have learnt that being a wife and somewhere down the track a mother is different from the way I had perceived it to be. I know longer see children as burdens, but one thing that has suffered from this little educational endeavor that I embarked on is my thoughts on the way I would parent, my understanding of "womanly arts" and my view on what a mother is called to be like. In some ways I feel that it would have been better never to have researched the subject and to have just stayed unknowledgable in this area (I'm scared my ideas will just be looked down on or frowned upon) 'cos they aren't always the norm followed by Christian mothers in our churches.
as I have researched I have collected a whole lot of books and a whole file of thoughts, research,and interesting articles, from scientific, physiological, psychological child development, historical, and biblical, angles.
Please respect my thinking, it is out of much research and prayer I think the way I do. I am working on my lack of confidence. But with much discussion with David I thought I would post this.
i'll also continue to add links to sites and will be posting thoughts as well (since this is our diary) on this subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home